All Orthotic & Prosthetic needs in one place
Northcliff Orthopaedic Centre provides a comprehensive line of Orthotics and Prosthetics to their patients. We will evaluate your needs and supply or manufacture accordingly.
Use our "Prosthetic services" dropdown menu for all the options
Prosthetics is an artificial device that replaces a missing body part, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or a condition present at birth Such as an Arm, Leg or a breast or any part thereof. It is a removable device that will help you return to your active daily living.
Use our "Orthotic service" dropdown menu for all the options
Orthotics is a medical speciality that focusses on the design and application of orthoses. This is an externally applied device that will be used to modify or support the structural and functional characteristics.
An orthosis may be used to:
1. Control, guide, limit and/or immobilize an extremity, joint or body segment for a particular reason
2. Restrict movement in a given direction
3. Assist movement generally
4. Reduce weight-bearing forces for a particular purpose
5. Aid rehabilitation from fractures after the removal of a cast
Otherwise, correct the shape and/or function of the body, to provide easier movement capability or reduce pain